Fireworks equal thefts
Analysis of 10 years’ worth of claims data by insurance giant Aviva reveals that on Bonfire Night, there is a 22% increase in burglaries compared with a typical day.
Aviva’s research shows that a large number of people don’t check their doors and windows are locked when hosting or attending parties. 13% leave their front door unlocked when they’re having their own display and two-thirds don’t check their windows are locked. 33% of those that are attending fireworks parties don’t check their own windows are locked. For more information on Aviva, their research and services offered, check out www.aviva.co.uk/home/
- Give the impression that someone is home by leaving the radio on a talk-back station and a few lights on.
- Use a timer to ensure your lights will come on as it goes dark and use eco-bulbs to save money on bills.
- Avoid telling strangers who know your address, such as delivery men or salespeople, that your house is likely to be empty at any particular time.
- If you’re holding a party at home, avoid leaving a sign on your front door telling guests to meet you in the garden or ‘come in around the back’.
- Make sure all front doors and windows are locked.
The perfect time to improve your home’s safety
As bonfires are burning and winter is drawing in it is a great time to take advantage of our low prices on windows and doors. We offer a range of colours and styles to suit you, each with the finest locks and security features available. Everything we sell is of the highest quality, sourced from the UK and Germany and sold at realistic and affordable prices.
Protecting you for over 40 years
We have been offering a bespoke installation service for double glazed windows, doors, porches, french doors, patio doors, and conservatories since 1973. Plus, as a family business with no sales commission you will receive a more enjoyable and relaxed buying experience. It is also worth remembering that our guarantee will last for 10 Bonfire nights! Call or email us today for a no obligation quote to ensure you are not a burglary victim this winter!